- Its outstanding and visually excellent cinematography!
- The mood contrast – presented by changes in lighting, rhythm and death threat – between the carefree lives of the characters in the past and the daily struggle in the present time of the film.
- It has a very slow tempo, lacking of any emotional peaks.
- The subtle environmental issues being discussed in the film.
- The scene where fish are reading Sao’s book, when her coffee shop has been submerged underwater.
CinemaxX 7 – Berlinale International Film Festival – Berlin – 06/02/2014