- The all-star cast that Wes Anderson has managed to gather for his new film. Even the most peripheral roles are played by names such as Harvey Keitel, Bill Murray, Owen Wilson, Jeff Goldblum.
- The constant parallelism with pre World War II central Europe, and how the war affected the decay of Aristocracy.
- The delirious rhythm of Alexandre Desplat’s music score that accompanies the film, and reach its peak at the end credits!
- The coolness of Bill Murray, in the only scene he appears in the whole film.
- The fact that for the first time, Anderson’s characters really grow up!
Friedrichstadt Palast – Berlinale International Film Festival – Berlin – 07/02/2014