– Far and above everything else related to the film, I have to praise the startling score of the grand Maestro, Ennio Morricone! At age 87 he succeeds to deliver yet another haunting western music theme, as if it comes straight from the spaghetti westerns of the ’60s and ’70s. Only this time there is too much snow!
– Quentin is the master of the words and his 8th film he delivers some great pieces of dialogue, especially when it comes to full frontal irony! And to prove his point I will give you an example!
– On the other hand, once you strip the film from all the canny dialogue jests, then you are left with an overly simplistic line story that has nothing to offer than almost three hours of rampageous bloody entertainment. But that’s what makes Quentin stand out from his peers: he is a great story-teller, even if the story is poor!
– In his long tradition of reviving acting careers out of the blue, Tarantino rocketed Jennifer Jason Leigh into stardom anew with the role of Daisy Domergue, eventually earning a -totally worthy- Oscar nomination! But despite all the blood she was covered with, she failed to win!
– The performance of the veteran Bruce Dern in the role of a bitter and remorselessness Confederate General as he deals with the different characters of the story. He never leaves the comfort of his chair and yet somehow he instigates all sort of emotions. The eminence of an actor in its complete grandeur!
Home – Mykonos – 12/03/2016